1. You Love Dancing
The 1920s were all about jazz and swing music. It was the era of fun fads like the Charleston and marathon dancing. Relive all the jazzy fun at the Grand Gatsby New Year’s Eve Weekend Celebration with two throwback bands:
- Saturday, Dec. 30: Shaun DeGraff Band 8 p.m. – 12 a.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 31: Retro Jukebox 11 p.m. – 1 a.m.
Both bands combine the ultimate playlist of today with a reimagined vintage pop/jazz sound.
“Everything old just got new again!”
2. You Love Hats
In the 1920s, men and women alike wore hats. The casual style for men included newsboy, golf, or cab driver caps. For more formal events, top hats or bowler hats were common. Then, of course, you have the typical 1920s gangsters who rocked fedoras. Women wore hats with a lot of embellishments like flowers or bows. But it’s not just about a great hat. You need the complete 1920s look!
3. You Love Booze
Alcohol may have been illegal throughout the 1920s, but that certainly didn’t stop people from enjoying a nice glass of gin. To celebrate the roarin’ ’20s, we’ve put together a 3-day prohibition style bar crawl where you can try tasty drinks and appetizers from the glamorous decade.
- Cocktail – “Gin Ricky” Death’s Door Gin, fresh lime juice, simple syrup, club soda
- Appetizer – “Party Pigs” Pigs in a blanket, maple syrup, powdered sugar
- Cocktail – “America’s Sweetheart” Bayou White Rum, Luxardo Cherry Liqueur, pineapple juice
- Appetizer – “Old Sport” smoked salmon, goat cheese mousse, brioche toast
- Cocktail – “Open the Whiskey, Tom” Classic Mint Julep, bourbon, sugar, mint
- Appetizer – “Supercilious” serrano wrapped asparagus, puff pastry, manchego
- Cocktail – “Daisy’s Desire” Chardonnay, St. Germaine, honey infused Tazo tea, fresh lemon, club soda
- Appetizer – “Street Trader” wild mushroom arancini, tomato basil sauce
And if a $40 bar crawl isn’t enough for you, there will also be free-flowing champagne on the casino floor from 11:30 p.m. – midnight.
4. You Love Glamour
When you watched the remake of “The Great Gatsby,” you wanted nothing more than to live a lavish life like Jay Gatsby. We’re turning up the glamour this New Year’s Eve with 9-foot tall “Glamazons,” flappers, and a walking champagne dress. This is going to be the most “instagrammable” party in Las Vegas. And the best part of all? Entry is free!
“Can’t repeat the past…why of course you can!” – F. Scott Fitzgerald