Don’t Cheat Your Diet, Eat at Downtown Grand
The New Year is upon us again, and what does that mean? New gym sign-ups and lower calorie meals. Eating healthier and sticking to the diet is all fun and games when you’re cooking for yourself at home, but what happens when your friends or family want to go out to eat? Here are a few Downtown Las Vegas “cheat” meals that won’t break your diet.
Freedom Beat is your typical all-American dining destination. With a menu filled with burgers, shakes, and decadent breakfast items, what’s a dieter to do? Here are a couple of options that aren’t high in calories but certainly taste delicious.
- Breakfast: Deli Lox & Bagel with fresh dill capers, tomatoes, crumbled egg, and shaved onion
- Lunch: California Greens with avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, and red wine vinaigrette
- Dinner: Herb Marinated Grilled Chicken with grilled market vegetables and toasted pistachio pesto
Triple George Grill
Triple George Grill is a downtown dining staple. Offering delectable steak and seafood dishes in addition to tasty cocktails, it’s a restaurant you can truly indulge in. Fortunately, Triple George Grill offers numerous items on both the lunch and dinner menu that won’t break your diet including a “glegan” (gluten-free and vegan) menu that can cater to any dieter’s needs.
- Lunch: Kale Salad with butternut squash, candied walnuts, and maple vinaigrette (glegan)
- Dinner: Grilled Vegetable Plate with zucchini, eggplant, asparagus, mushrooms, and broccoli
You’re probably thinking there’s absolutely no way someone trying to lose weight could possibly enjoy lunch or dinner at a downtown pizza restaurant. Think again! Pizza Rock has an extensive menu with a variety of salads, entrees, appetizers, and even lighter pizzas you can enjoy.
- Lunch: Gorgonzola & Apple Salad with spicy candied walnuts, dried cherries, and balsamic vinaigrette
- Dinner: Marinara Pizza Napoletana with San Marzano tomato sauce, sea salt, roasted garlic, oregano, and extra virgin olive oil (Vegan)
At the end of the day, when it comes to losing weight and living a healthier lifestyle, it’s all about portion control. So feel free to indulge in that burger, but cut it in half and take the rest home to enjoy another day!