Double Down in Blackjack at Downtown Grand
Unlike roulette and craps where the games are run by chance, blackjack can be a bit more strategic. At the end of the play, it’s not about the cards you’re dealt, but how you play the hand. And playing blackjack in Downtown Las Vegas is a truly unique experience.
At Downtown Grand, we’re hosting a blackjack tournament for a massive cash prize. But before you start searching for how to make extra money playing blackjack, check out our tips below. In an attempt to get you ready and give you the best chance for success at the tournament, here are a few pointers to keep in mind.
Tips for Playing Blackjack in Downtown Las Vegas
Here’s a few quick Do’s and Don’ts of the game:
- Do split eights and aces.
- Don’t take insurance. Dealers only get a natural blackjack about 30 percent of the time.
- Do hit with an 11 or less.
- Don’t split fives or 10s.
- Do hit a soft 17.
- Don’t stay on 12 through 16 if the dealer is showing a 7 or higher.
- Do always assume the dealer’s hole card is a 10.
- Don’t get emotional. Emotions are only distractions.
Downtown Vegas Blackjack Tournament
Now that you’ve become an expert in the game of blackjack, sign up for our Double Down Blackjack Tournament on Friday, March 22 – Saturday, March 23 for a chance to win your share of $20,000 in cash and Free Slot Play. Tournament entry is $150.
The tournament is the perfect chance to show your blackjack chops and possibly win the whole pot. There’s nowhere better in Las Vegas to play blackjack, and with stakes so high, you can’t afford not to enter the tournament! Registration for the tournament starts on Friday, March 22 at 5pm.
Learn more about our upcoming tournament here.