Unlike roulette and craps where the games are run by chance, blackjack can be a bit more strategic. At the end of the play, it’s not about the cards you’re dealt, but how you play the hand. And playing blackjack in Downtown Las Vegas is a truly unique experience.
At Downtown Grand, we’re hosting a blackjack tournament for a massive cash prize. But before you start searching for how to make extra money playing blackjack, check out our tips below. In an attempt to get you ready and give you the best chance for success at the tournament, here are a few pointers to keep in mind.
Tips for Playing Blackjack in Downtown Las Vegas
Here’s a few quick Do’s and Don’ts of the game:
- Do split eights and aces.
- Don’t take insurance. Dealers only get a natural blackjack about 30 percent of the time.
- Do hit with an 11 or less.
- Don’t split fives or 10s.
- Do hit a soft 17.
- Don’t stay on 12 through 16 if the dealer is showing a 7 or higher.
- Do always assume the dealer’s hole card is a 10.
- Don’t get emotional. Emotions are only distractions.