What to Pack For Your Downtown Las Vegas Vacation
Visiting the city of Las Vegas is an exciting chance for you to make memories that will last a lifetime. There are tons of things to do in Sin City, so you might feel unsure of what to pack. If this is your first time in Downtown Las Vegas, then you definitely want to have everything you need to get the party started right. To help you out, here are some packing tips for vacationing in Las Vegas!
Pack With the Season in Mind
The first thing to consider when packing for Las Vegas is the time of year you’ll be visiting. One factor many visitors tend to forget is that Las Vegas has varying weather conditions depending on the season they choose to visit. Almost everybody knows that Las Vegas is a desert and the summers can be scorching. However, winters are much cooler so you’ll need the right clothing to keep warm in the mild temperatures.
Check out the 10-day forecast before you start packing that suitcase.
An entire article can be written on the kind of clothing that you should pack for Las Vegas. The clothes you bring will largely be determined on what you plan to do in Las Vegas, but here are the basics to check off your packing list:
- Poolside Outfit – If you’re visiting during pool season (typically Spring to late Summer), you want to make sure to bring your bathing suit, flip flops, hat, sunglasses, and a light cover up for walking to and from the pool. The Citrus Grand Pool Deck has towels, day beds, and private cabanas available for guests.
- Comfortable Walking Outfit – Although everything in Downtown Las Vegas is generally pretty close, some things are not as close as they may seem. You’ll absolutely want a relaxed outfit for walking around, including the most crucial element, comfortable shoes!
- Casual Lounging Outfit – If your plan is to spend some time in the casinos or looking to grab a bite at one of the many bars or restaurants in Downtown Las Vegas, you’ll need a casual outfit. We’re thinking jeans and a nice shirt? Remember, you can look good and feel good too! If you need some recommendations on places to eat in Downtown Las Vegas, check out our “Top 10 Places to Eat and Drink in Downtown Las Vegas.“
- Nightlife Outfit – Going out to dinner? Catching a show? Hitting up a club? Whatever your evening plans are, this is your “dress to impress” moment. For ladies, make sure you pack those heels and your knock-em-dead outfit. And gentlemen, have your shoes, shirt, and pants wrinkle-free before hitting the town.
Depending on what else you have planned, you may also want to pack activewear or hiking gear too. Keep in mind that you can mix and match between these outfits too, so try not to overpack!
Electronics for Your Vegas Vacation
You’ll also want to make sure you have all your vital electronic devices when you travel to Las Vegas, including:
- Cell Phone
- Phone Chargers and Converters (for International travelers)
- Portable Device Chargers
Downtown Las Vegas is full of the most stunning and outrageous photo opportunities, so don’t forget to charge that phone or have your camera loaded! Be sure to check out things to do in Downtown Las Vegas so you don’t miss the most popular destinations, including Container Park and the Arts District. Traveling with kids? Don’t worry, we have a list of things to do for kids in Downtown Las Vegas.
Personal Items You Should Have
Double check that you have all your essential personal items when you’re headed to Downtown Las Vegas. You don’t want to get caught when the valet brings your car around and you realize you don’t have any cash to tip him. Or worse yet, ordering a much-needed drink only to discover you left your ID at home.
Add these important personal items to your list so they don’t get overlooked in all the pre-vacation excitement:
- Government-Issued ID – This is self-explanatory but worth mentioning. Forgetting an ID is more common than you think, especially if you’re catching a ride to Vegas.
- Cash for tipping – Believe us, you don’t want to be that person. Also, you don’t want to waste time looking for an ATM and paying expensive processing fees.
- Painkillers – Let’s be real. A long night of partying can produce an epic hangover if you’re not careful. Having these ready and waiting for you when that happens can save you a painful trip to the pharmacy in the morning.
- Chapstick – Don’t forget that Las Vegas is a desert and the dry air can wreak havoc on your lips. You’ll be happy to have some chapstick in your back pocket.
- Sunscreen – If you plan on being outside in the Las Vegas sun for any amount of time, don’t skimp on the sunscreen!
Final Packing Tips
When you’re packing for your Las Vegas vacation, you’ll want to do more than just make sure you have all your necessary items in your suitcase. Here are some final packing tips before you hit the road:
- Split belongings between you and your travel companion. If you are checking bags, it’s possible that your bag may be lost by the airline. To avoid a complete disaster, try splitting your belongings between you and your travel companion(s). This way, each of you will at least have something until your luggage is found.
- Keep all essential items in your carry-on bag. If you can, try and put your most important items in your carry-on. Again, this ensures you have everything when you land regardless of whether your checked bag is lost or not.
Las Vegas is an experience that everyone should have at least once in their lifetime. With the best hotels in Downtown Las Vegas and packed items, your trip to Downtown Las Vegas will be nothing short of a blast! The Downtown Grand Hotel & Casino offers spacious accommodations, multiple bars and restaurants, and a beautiful sparkling pool right in the middle of all the Downtown Las Vegas action. Contact us today to learn more about exclusive Las Vegas hotel deals and packages.