Together We Stand for #GoodCleanFun
As we continue to operate in a world with infectious viruses, The Downtown Grand Hotel & Casino wants to assure all of are guest and visitors that we are committed to protecting your Las Vegas experience.
We are asking everyone to do their best to take individual steps to safeguard against the spread of potentially harmful viruses. This includes personal cleanliness and an appropriate amount of distancing in crowded spaces. Our award-winning housekeeping team will continue to lead the way to ensure you enjoy a spotless stay. For added assurance and protection we have implemented the following operational measures which include information and directives from the Southern Nevada Health District (SNHD), Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Nevada Gaming Control Board.
DOWNTOWN GRAND CLEANING PROTOCOLS
To enhance the safety for visitors and staff we use disinfectant products that meet Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) guidelines for use against viruses, bacteria, and other airborne and blood-borne pathogens. We have increased our environmental cleaning schedule and enhanced our operating procedures regarding cleaning and disinfectants usage. Disinfectants will be utilized throughout the property in the cleaning of our guest rooms, casino, hotel lobby, meeting rooms, food & beverage outlets, public spaces and back of house areas.
Our #GOODCLEANFUN program was designed to ensure the health and safety of our guests and staff. They include the following:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Per Governor Sisolak’s orders, guests will be required to wear personal face masks throughout all public areas if they are not fully vaccinated. Downtown Grand employees will also be mandated to wear PPE.
- Social Distancing. Guest and Staff will be required to maintain three feet of Social Distancing in all Public Areas. Signage and distancing guidelines will be posted throughout the property and supported by our Management Team.
- Hotel Reception. Reception areas will include a minimum of six feet of distancing designated with signage for queuing, along with plexi-barriers. In addition, noncontact check-in will be made available to guest.
- Escalators and Elevators. All Elevator and Escalator Landings will be equipped with Sanitizer stations, and distancing signage.
- Casino Floor. Casino Operations will include Table Game spacing required by Gaming Control Board, with occupancy restrictions of 80% throughout the casino floor. We will have plexi-barriers at our Players Club and Cage, and numerous Sanitizer Stations.
- Food & Beverage. All restaurants and bars will maintain a minimum of 80% to ensure six feet of space between patrons.
- Citrus Pool. Pool Cabanas, Lounge Chairs and Bar seating will be re-configured to maintain a minimum of 80%.
- Non-Guest Areas. Employee only areas such as offices, break rooms have also been configured to allow for six feet of separation with CDC and SNHD directives.
COVID ACTIONS STEPS
Guest Room Recovery Protocol. In the event of a guest with a confirmed case of COVID-19, their guest room will be removed from service to undergo a specific cleaning protocol administered by a certified trained specialist. The guest room will not be returned to service until the room is deemed safe by the certified specialist and consistent with the guidance set forth by local health authorities. Similar recovery protocols address staff offices and work areas.
GUEST ENTRANCES & PUBLIC SPACES
The frequency of cleaning and disinfecting by dedicated staff has been increased in all public areas utilizing environmentally approved products that are approved by CDC, SNHD and/or OSHA compliant. In addition, Sanitizer Stations and Individual Hand Wipes will be widely available throughout the property.
Our Award Winning Housekeeping Team practices stringent cleaning and disinfecting protocols and have also implemented the following actions; enhanced guest room attendant training, utilization of electrostatic sprayers, and new technologies including UV guns. In addition, guest rooms upon check out will allow for extensive sanitizing and every other room on a guest floor will remain vacant occupancy permitting. Also, collateral in the guest rooms such as magazines, menus, etc have been removed and digitalized on your in-room TV Entertainment Center.
FOOD & BEVERAGE OPERATIONS
The Downtown Grand meets or exceeds guidelines from the FDA Food Code, SNHD Food Regulations, and Nevada Revised Statutes. We follow sanitation guidelines and utilize training aides backed by SNHD, and the National Restaurant Association. To address the current situation, menus have been slightly altered to ensure efficiency and minimize risk. In addition, outlet hours are adjusted to provide downtime for extensive sanitizing and increased staff training. As previously noted all Food & Beverage outlets will operate under reduced capacity in order to meet distancing guidelines.
DOWNTOWN GRAND CASINO
In order to offer a #GOODCLEAFUN Gaming/Entertainment experience in our casino we have implemented the following; new operating procedures for Dealer and Management staff to ensure a well sanitized gaming floor. The procedures include the use of PPE, mask and gloves for staff and are available for purchase for our guests. Numerous Sanitizer Stations with CDC and SNHD directives posted on the Gaming Floor.
The following programs and actions will be implemented to ensure that our staff provides you with a #GOODCLEANFUN experience
- Training. All Employees will attend a mandatory Re-orientation on all new procedures and protocols with emphasis on Social Distancing, proper use of PPE, safety and sanitation standards and proper response to any potential cases of virus infection on property. Staff will also be encouraged to stay home if they do not feel well.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). PPE will be provided to and worn by all staff to include gloves, and mask at all times. According to specific job requirements additional PPE may be mandated.
- Back of House. Extensive signage and procedural step information has been posted throughout the back of house areas. Increased cleaning and disinfecting has been implemented in the employee areas including offices, employee dining room, restrooms, kitchens, and housekeeping offices.
- Shared Equipment. Shared tools and equipment will be sanitized before, during and after each shift or when the equipment is transferred to a new employee. This includes phones, radios, computers and other communication devices, payment terminals, kitchen tools, engineering tools, cleaning equipment, keys, time clocks, and all other direct contact items used throughout the resort.
- Hand Washing. Frequent handwashing with soap and hot water will be mandated during shifts, before and after breaks, and any other activities that require
extensive guest and staff interaction.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT #GOODCLEANFUN
Please contact our Management team via email HRCommunications@downtowngrand.com
We look forward to making your next stay safe and enjoyable.